The Peoples Democratic Party Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, was taken aback last week when Mr. Babachir Lawal, Buhari’s former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, turned up at the Presidential Villa on Thursday, December 13, 2018, where he was received with pomp and pageantry.
Mr. Babachir Lawal attended the launch of the Together Nigeria organized by the Buhari Support Organization (BSO).
It is a very sad day for Nigeria, when the President honours a man proven beyond all reasonable doubt to have soiled his hands with money meant for starving refugees.
These are the actions which feed the perceptions that has made Nigeria turn in its worst ever Corruption Perception Index rating by Transparency International where we went back 12 steps in 2018’s rankings, moving from 136 under President Jonathan to 148 today.
According to Transparency International, Nigeria is more corrupt today and we ask the government to answer a few questions including:
· Who reinstated and double promoted Maina?
· Who owns the Ikoyi Apartment $42 million?
· What has happened to Aisha Buhari’s ADC who looted ₦2.5 billion?
· Why was the $25 billion NNPC contracts awarded without due process investigated?
· Why haven’t those beyond Buhari’s padded budget scandals been sacked or charged to court?
· When will Babachir be charged?
· How come fuel subsidy has doubled even when petrol price has doubled?
· Why did President Buhari lift the suspension of the corrupt NHIS boss, Usman Yusuf, before public pressure forced him to suspend him? Why has he not been charged?
· In May, Transparency International warned that Buhari had increased Security Vote by 600%, yet our soldiers have no weapons and are killed by terrorists. Where is the money going?
· In February Buhari withdrew $1 billion from the Excess Crude Account to ostensibly fund the war on terror, yet the Chief of Army Staff said after Metele that they have no weapons. Where did that money go?
Answers to these and other questions are urgently required from President Buhari by Nigerians and failure to answer them only proves that under Buhari, the All Progressive Congress Government is not just Corrupt, but corruption is its policy.